In the autumn and winter, we pay special attention to our immune system trying to strengthen it. In order to do this, we turn to healthy, wholesome meals and supplements rich in vitamins. Rocket is a great plant to include in a daily diet as it is a rich source of vitamins that stimulate the immune system, have antiviral and antitoxic properties.
With the new year coming, many of us make resolutions to build healthier eating habits. We often look for ways to prepare easily digestible dishes. Rocket is our ally in the diet, it is low in calories, so we can add it to meals or make salads based on it. Additionally, thanks to the dietary fiber content, the feeling of satiety is maintained for a long time, which helps to eliminate the craving for snacks between meals.
• Calcium – contributes to proper blood clotting. It is also essential for the health of bones, teeth, muscles and nerves.
• Potassium – a mineral and electrolyte that is essential for the heart and nervous system.
• Folic acid – also known as vitamin B9. It is especially important for women who are pregnant or planning to become pregnant. Its deficiency may lead to neural tube defects in a child.
• Vitamin C – A powerful antioxidant that supports the immune system. Also known as ascorbic acid, it is important for tissue health and the absorption of iron from food.
• Vitamin K – helps in the blood clotting process.
• Vitamin A – is a powerful antioxidant that supports immune function, cell growth and overall eye health. It also helps maintain the function of the kidneys, lungs and heart.
Arugula is an easily digestible plant rich in nutrients. It gives a distinctive flavor and color to even the simplest dishes. Unlike many other lettuces with a subtle flavor, arugula has a very distinctive and slightly peppery taste. Crunchy arugula adds charm to salads and other dishes. Its sharpness goes well with meats, cheeses, cold cuts, but it also contrasts well with sweet fruit such as pears or raspberries. You can also make delicious pesto with it. It is a perfect base for healthy vegetable and fruit cocktails.
• Beetroot 220 g – 2 pieces
• Mint 5 g – a few leaves
• Olive oil 10 g – 1 tbsp
• Red pepper 60 g – 1/2 small piece
• Freshly ground black pepper – a pinch
• Arugula 50 g – 1 handful
• Feta cheese 45 g – 3 slices
• Lemon juice 5 g – 1 teaspoon
• Salt – a pinch
1. Thoroughly wash the beets, dry them and wrap them individually in aluminum foil.
2. Bake in an oven preheated to 180 degrees for about 40 minutes.
3. Cool, peel and cut into thin slices on a slicer.
4. Arrange a handful of rocket in the center of the plate, and arrange the beetroot slices around it.
5. Place finely diced paprika and crushed feta cheese on the lettuce.
6. Mix the lemon juice well with olive oil, salt and finely chopped mint leaves.
7. Pour over the salad and sprinkle with freshly ground pepper.
• Red onion 50 g – 1 small piece
• Wholemeal rye bread 60 g – 2 slices
• Honey 10 g – 1 teaspoon
• Mustard 5 g – 1 teaspoon
• Cucumber 50 g – 1 small piece
• Universal rapeseed oil 5 g – 1 teaspoon
• Cherry tomato 100 g – a handful
• Arugula 50 g – portion
• Spicy mix (BL) 50 g – portion
• Mozzarella cheese, semi-fat 60 g – 1/2 piece
1. Wash the spicy mixture and rocket, put them in a large bowl.
2. Cut the tomatoes into halves.
3. Peel the cucumber and cut it into thick cubes.
4. Cut the onion and mozzarella into slices.
5. Dice the bread and bake it in the oven until croutons are formed.
6. Add everything to the lettuce.
7. Pour oil, a little water into a glass and add honey and mustard.
8. Stir until ingredients are well combined. Pour the sauce over the lettuce.
9. Stir, set aside for 10 minutes.
Rocket is a vitamin bomb that supports our health. It can also trigger our creativity in cooking, as we can add it to a lot of dishes.
You liked this article? Share it
Are you thinking about an indoor garden in a healthy and innovative hydroponic cultivation?
Check out 10 reasons why you will love Verdeat
Always fresh, always tasty
your plants are ready to pick and enrich the taste of your dishes
Verdeat looks after your plants by providing them with sufficient light and water
simple to use, it gives you the joy and happiness of growing your own plants
beautiful light and green plants catch the eye
with Verdeat you don't throw away rotten leafy vegetables and herbs!
Verdeat uses only as much water and energy as the plants need
together with Verdeat, you see nature waking up every day and discover its magical world
light similar to the natural one soothes the senses and improves mood
the Verdeat App allows you to determine from anywhere when Verdeat should run
Inspiration for new flavours
with Verdeat, you grow plants that you may not find in your local store!