Skin aging is a process many of us struggle with. Unfortunately, at the moment there is no known effective way to completely stop it. However, it is comforting that there are plants that can efficiently delay aging. For years, they have been used in cosmetology and are the basis of products that protect us against the loss of skin firmness and the formation of wrinkles, and also shallow the existing ones.
It is widely known that herbs used in the Far East, thanks to their effectiveness, are quickly gaining popularity in our regions. The same is true for plants that delay skin aging.
• Rhodiola (Hongjingtian) - a plant which rejuvenating properties have been known relatively recently, therefore, unlike many other Chinese herbs, we will not find any mention of it in ancient descriptions. This does not mean, however, that it is less effective than other plants. Rhodiola has toning and rejuvenating properties.
• Mongolian asparagus (Huangqi) - a plant with a rather unusual name, which improves blood circulation and slows down the aging process of cells.
• Ginseng (Renshen) - has gained great popularity in our country and is a popular ingredient in dietary supplements. Ginseng has strong antioxidant properties, which delays the aging processes caused by the excess of free radicals in the body.
• Gynostemma (Jiaogulan) - also known as "southern ginseng" because it can only be found in the south of China. Another familiar name that perfectly reflects its properties is "immortality grass". This plant can help slow down the aging process of the skin, has immune-boosting properties and lowers blood cholesterol levels.
Air pollution, smoking, drinking alcohol or an improper diet are just some of the factors that lead to the formation of excess free radicals in the body. Unfortunately, their excessive amount contributes to the formation of oxidative stress and accelerates the skin aging process. Therefore, it is worth looking for plants rich in antioxidants that reduce the amount of free radicals in our body. One of the most potent of those that are plant-derived is vitamin C.
• Sea buckthorn - a plant with Asian roots that bears fruit in the fall and looks like a mountain ash. It is a rich source of vitamin C, as well as omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids, which ensure the proper level of skin hydration. In addition to vitamin C, it also contains another strong antioxidant - vitamin E. Sea buckthorn cosmetics have anti-aging and moisturizing properties. They help to reduce wrinkles and prevent the formation of new ones, and also stimulate skin regeneration and are recommended in case of its irritation.
• Dogwood - not very well-known plant, but a rich source of vitamin C. The country which is first in terms of its cultivation is Ukraine. An interesting fact is that many varieties of dogwood come from Poland. In cosmetology, the bark, leaves and flowers of the plant are used. Dogwood is a source of vitamin C, as well as anthocyanins and organic acids. Thanks to this, it has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
• Rosehip - a plant that is one of the richest sources of vitamin C. Rosehip also contains another powerful antioxidant, namely beta-carotene. This compound not only delays the aging process of the skin but also ensures its beautiful, natural colour.
Plants rich in vitamin C are effective in delaying the aging process of the skin not only because of their antioxidant properties. It is worth bearing in mind that vitamin C is also an essential ingredient for collagen synthesis.
Some plants can also help us with the problem of deepening wrinkles around the eyes. They often appear first and therefore can be a nuisance even for people at a young age. Plants that can deal with them effectively are, for example, cornflower and witch hazel. The first of these plants has soothing and anti-inflammatory properties. Cosmetics containing cornflower make our skin more elastic and nourished. In turn, witch hazel has an antioxidant effect and protects us against excessive collagen breakdown. It is a plant that is often used in the production of cosmetics for the care of couperose, acne, and mature skin. Other plants that can delay the skin-aging process are, among others birch, kiwano cucumber, aloe, and acmella. The infusion prepared on the basis of birch leaves can be used to wash the face. It has a normalizing, anti-acne and anti-aging effect, and also reduces the visibility of dark circles under the eyes. An interesting fact is that birch in the ancient Slavic symbolism is associated with a young and fertile woman. Perhaps this is due to the fact that products based on it help maintain a young and radiant complexion.
You liked this article? Share it
Are you thinking about an indoor garden in a healthy and innovative hydroponic cultivation?
Check out 10 reasons why you will love Verdeat
Always fresh, always tasty
your plants are ready to pick and enrich the taste of your dishes
Verdeat looks after your plants by providing them with sufficient light and water
simple to use, it gives you the joy and happiness of growing your own plants
beautiful light and green plants catch the eye
with Verdeat you don't throw away rotten leafy vegetables and herbs!
Verdeat uses only as much water and energy as the plants need
together with Verdeat, you see nature waking up every day and discover its magical world
light similar to the natural one soothes the senses and improves mood
the Verdeat App allows you to determine from anywhere when Verdeat should run
Inspiration for new flavours
with Verdeat, you grow plants that you may not find in your local store!